Collections are used to group relevant courses together, simplify enrolments and organise reporting.
Learn more about how collections can be used here.
Create a Collection
You can easily create a collection from the new Content page by clicking on Create new...
This will bring up a set of creation options, click New collection.
Note: the new Content page is still in beta release, so if you want to try it, please let us know.
If you are still using the original Content page, Collections can be accessed through your Settings. Click Collections on the left hand side then click Create Collection on the top right to create a new collection.
Enter a name for the collection in the pop up and a description if desired. The description is an optional field and both of these fields can be edited at a later date.
Editing your collection
There are a number of settings in the collection editor:
- Name - The name of your collection. This is how users will identify the collection and how it will appear on any emails or certificates.
- Description - This is an optional field,
- Next Collection - You can choose a collection for users to be enrolled into once they complete this collection. This is a great way to create a learning pathway and to automate your administration. This setting is only available when more than one collection exists.
- Add Groups - Adding a group will automatically enrol all users in that group (or selection of groups) into the collection. Note that users need to belong to ALL groups selected to be automatically enrolled, so if groups 1, 2 and 3 are added, users will need to be in all three groups to be enrolled. Learn more about groups here.
- Generate Shareable Access Code - This will generate a code to the collection for users to self enroll. Choosing an expiry date will mean that no one new can register after that date. All existing users registered into the collection before the expiry date will still be able to access the collection and courses after the date has passed.
- Send Completion Notifications - Enter an email address here to receive an email advising whenever a user completes the collection, as well as a copy of the completed user's certificate. Multiple email addresses can be added by using a comma between them.
- Add Certificate - Click here to add a certificate to a collection. Find out more about certificates here.
- Manage Content - This is how you add courses to your collection. You will see a popup where you can select the courses you want in the collection.
- Force content to be completed in order - This will allow you to assign an order to the courses in the collection. When this option is selected you will see a number to the right of each course and a Reorder button will appear for you to change the order of the courses if needed. If this option is selected a user will initially gain access to only the first course in the collection. Once they have completed the first course they will gain access to the second course, and so on.
Share you Collection
You have a few options for how to share you collection with your users:
- You can enrol your existing users into your collection from the Users page. Learn about enrolling existing users here.
- You can upload new users to your site by doing a bulk upload. Learn more about bulk uploads here.
- You can share you collection by using the Shareable Access Code that can be generated from the Collection Editor page. In your collection list you will see a code in the Access Code column. Click this code to get a link to your collection that you can share.
Anyone that clicks on this link will be able to create an account on your Intuto site and access this collection.
Contact us at email@example.com for more help with Collections.